I was in quite a bit of pain when we left Janet's this morning. Our trip out of Connecticut was slow going due to heavy commuter traffic to New York City.
Along the way, we took a side trip to Hershey, PA, to see the Hershey Kisses-shaped street lamps. They did not disappoint. Some were chocolate, and the others were silver-foil. If we had had more time, I would have loved to stop by the Hershey Museum.
We stopped at the Savory Cafe in Hershey and had lunch. Our meal was tasty, but the loud family overtook the entire restaurant, making the experience less enjoyable for the rest of us. The highlight, though, was the blueberry basil lemonade.
On our way to Draper, VA today, we drove through seven states.
We had a delicious burger dinner compliments of John and Sally at their beautiful Virginia home. Kelly, Will’s brother, also joined us for dinner. We dined out on the back porch, enjoying the nice weather and the fireflies.
Sally gave us a tour of their home, and I was envious of their basement. What I could do with all those extra rooms- craft room, workout room…)
We visited late into the evening and spent the night at the Beahms'.







No comments:
Post a Comment