Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Day 7





 We spent the day around the Boston area with my cousin Richard, whom I had not seen in fifty years. 


We began the morning attending Mass at St. Columbkille’s Catholic Church in Brighton, where Mom and Dad were married. We changed clothes in the car tucked away at the back of the parking lot.


From there we met up with Richard. We ate lunch at a local restaurant and then made a trip to St. Joseph’s Cemetery where several of my family members are buried. In fact, my grandmother Alice (Nana), grandfather Francis (whom I never met), Uncle Tom, Uncle Richard, Uncle Edmond, and Aunt Theresa are all buried in the same plot. 


From there we traveled to several beach towns that my cousin likes to frequent. We stopped at Scituate Beach, which I remembered from my family’s 1976 vacation. 


We had a fun day hanging out with Richard and appreciated him giving us a tour of the area. 


After we left Richard, we stopped by Jersey Mike’s, picked up sandwiches for dinner, and returned to our hotel room to eat them. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment