We started the day by dropping off Ginger and Bluebonnet at the vet. We had dropped Cooper off at Brittany’s the night before. (Little did I know at the time that the act of getting the cat out of the front seat in her carrier would cause me to be in pain for the next eleven days)
We headed for Oklahoma via Hwy 16 and went through Graham and Wichita Falls. It was a beautiful, peaceful drive. I didn't have it in me to travel up I35 for the millionth time.
We stopped for lunch in Lawton, OK, at the Chick-fil-A. I had lived in Lawton when I was four while my dad was stationed at Ft. Sill. I can't say the town looked familiar.
We traveled toward Tulsa and made our way into Missouri. We stopped at a Buc-ee's in Springfield. Who knew that Buc-ee's had branched out into other states? We purchased some Beaver nuggets, some mints, and a Mud Pie star pillow for my birthday.
We made it to St. Robert, Mo, and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, where I fixed some yummy sandwiches (with avocado) for dinner.




No comments:
Post a Comment