Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Day 2



 We got up early and ate breakfast at the hotel. It ended up being one of our better breakfasts. I saw a young man dressed in his army fatigues taking care of his young daughter. A flood of memories came back about Dad, and I found myself in tears. 


We traveled through Missouri and stopped to see the St. Louis Arch. I had never seen it in person. It did not disappoint. We were also impressed with all the beautiful churches we saw in the downtown area and decided we need to return one day. 


We traveled through Illinois and had a “pit stop” at the Indiana Welcome Center, which featured everything Indianapolis 500.  After lunch, I even had an opportunity to slide on a zip line on the kids’ playground. 


Believe it or not, we actually found gas for $2.88 in Indiana. It was the cheapest we found anywhere on our trip. 


I drove the last three hours (the only time I drove the entire trip), and as we got closer to our hotel just outside of Toledo, Ohio, we were wondering if we’d picked the wrong place. It turned out to be just fine, with an Olive Garden being built down the street. You never know. 


It was a little later in the day when we got there, so we decided to eat in the room. So far, we have traveled through six states in two days. 






No comments:

Post a Comment