Thursday, February 23, 2023

Throwback Thursday- Be Content




Contentment is often times easier said than done. However, my experience has been that as I’ve grown older, and perhaps wiser, I find myself more and more content. 

When I was younger I was always looking for the next big thing. Ironically, at the stage I’m at now I’m usually looking for smaller and less. 

Once I worried about every little physical flaw, while today I realize that there are many facets of aging that I have very little control over. So instead of fretting over the visible signs of aging I do the best I can with what I’ve got, and leave it at that. 

When I think of a role model for contentment I always think about St. Paul who reminds us in

Philippians 4:11-13 

“Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment