Friday, February 24, 2023

The Wedge





Yesterday while walking on the treadmill at the Wellness Center I listened to the podcast Do the Thing. Melissa Urban the host was interviewing Scott Carney, the author of The Wedge. 

Now I have not had an opportunity to research this further, but one thing Carney mentioned really hit home. He talked about the space between stimulus and response is the wedge. I’ve written recently about wanting to do a better job of not reacting so quickly. 

Carney recommends taking a breath or two before responding. I liked that idea.

 The next time I find myself getting reading to respond to I’m going to take a breath, and see where that gets me. That sounds like a good start to having more control how I respond to circumstances that I have no control over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment