Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Sugar




I've written about sugar before, but I’m going to address it again today. 

I’ve been struggling with healthy eating for over a year now. Each morning I wake up determined to do better, and each night I go to bed disappointed.

What I concluded last night after a dessert blowout was that I’ve become addicted to sugar. It’s actually a real thing, as the brain craves that dopamine hit it brings. 

In searching for more information about how to break the sugar habit, I learned that it’s important to include these three things in each of your meals: protein, healthy fat and fiber( and I’m not talking about white bread, white rice and pasta). Apparently sugar is not the only suspect here, but white flour is his accomplice.

So today for lunch I made an old favorite, avocado chickpea salad on a bed of baby spinach, with sliced apples, and a tablespoon of pepitas on the side. 

I had forgotten how yummy it was. 

Avocado Chickpea Salad

Drain and rinse one can of chickpeas (I actually like to peel off the skins-a little time consuming I know), and mash them a little in a bowl. Add one avocado and smash it as well. Add some diced red onion, Redmond Real Salt, cracked pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Add your favorite Season All. 

No comments:

Post a Comment