Friday, November 19, 2021

Notes From The Traveler’s Gift- The Fifth Decision




The Fifth Decision

Today I Will Choose To Be Happy

“A person without a dream never had a dream come true.”

“All my problems become smaller when I confront them.”

“Fear is a poor chisel with which to carve out tomorrow.”

“Happiness is a choice.”

I remember one particularly challenging school year where many days resulted in tears. As much as I wished I could just run away, I knew that was not an option. 

Although, at the time I’m not really sure I realized it I chose each morning to begin the day on a positive note. I would greet each child with a smile, and although the happiness of that moment might have lasted only a few minutes, somehow each morning when I returned to school I would begin anew. 

Now can I say I was an extremely happy person that year? No in many ways it was extremely difficult. However, I think that choice to start fresh each day is what helped me make it to the end of the school year. 

Interestingly, some of my most favorite children were in that class, and it broke my heart that I wasn’t the teacher they really deserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment