Monday, November 22, 2021

Notes From The Traveler’s Gift- The Sixth Decision




The Sixth Decision

I Will Greet This Day With a Forgiving Spirit

“The unmistakable Truth about forgiveness is that it is not a reward that must be earned; forgiveness is a gift to be given.”

“ When I give forgiveness, I free my own spirit to release the anger and hatred harbored in my heart.”

“I will forgive even those who do not ask for forgiveness.”

Dr. Laura has a very reasonable, worldly opinion about forgiveness. She’s not a real proponent of giving undeserved forgiveness. 

Jesus on the other hand requires us to forgive “seventy times seven times.” That is 490 times! 

I’ve witnessed people who have suffered atrocities at the hand of someone else, and have forgiven them. Most of the time they say that the hatred they were harboring in their heart was destroying them. 

They forgave not so much for the other person, who may or may not of wanted it, but for themselves. 

President Lincoln at the end of the Civil War stated, “The first morning after all hostilities cease, I will greet the day with a forgiving spirit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment