Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Sugar, Sugar




I wanted to give an update on my sugar detox. It’s been a week since I decided I needed to do something about the amount of sugar I was consuming.
 
I decided to basically stop cold turkey which made for a couple of “white knuckle” days. I compensated for the sugar by over indulging in the salty snacks, but now I don’t seem to be craving either salty or sweet snacks. 

I can say I’m in a pretty good place right now. One of the things I’ve noticed is that I’m sleeping better, and I’m wondering if the high sugar consumption was contributing to my hot flashes. I’m feeling better overall, and have jumped on board the new WW Personal Points program. 

I was looking for something to motivate me to get back on the healthy eating bandwagon, and I think this sugar purge is just what I needed. 

I’m making a point to walk each day, and now my new goal is to add more vegetables to my diet. I love vegetables, and with the new WW program I can actually earn more points daily by including them in my meal plan. 

With the holidays around the corner I like having the support of WW to keep me from going overboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment