Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Notes From The Traveler’s Gift- The Second Decision

                       


                                                                  The Second Decision 

   I Will Seek Wisdom

“We as humans are always in the process of change. Therefore, we might as well guide the direction in which we change.”

“...we are always and forever influenced by those with whom we associate. Guard your associations carefully. Anytime you tolerate mediocrity in your choice of companions, you become more comfortable with mediocrity in your own life.”

“Knowing that wisdom waits to be gathered, I will actively search her out.”

I have a theory about wisdom. I believe it happens at both ends of the spectrum. Both the very young and the very old have wisdom. 

The young because they have not yet been corrupted by the world. The old because they have lived long enough to experience the world, and if they are wise have learned to recognize what is really important. 

Recently I started following a man in his early thirties who has studied stoicism for the last fifteen years. He is very knowledgeable about the subject, but on closer examination he lacks the wisdom that hopefully he will gain over the next twenty years. 

Today I look toward my three year old grandson for the wisdom he brings to my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment