Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Tortoise and The Hare





Chuck mentioned the other day that he had seen a rabbit on our property. Now this really is t all that remarkable, considering when we lived in Frisco rabbits were everywhere. 

What I did find amusing, though, is what I saw walking across our front yard the next day. 

As I passed by the front window I saw something rather large lumbering across the yard. It was a really big turtle. 

It was the last thing I ever expected to see, but I was quite excited to go check it out. 

I grabbed my phone to get its picture, but then slowed down just a bit to make sure it wasn’t a snapping turtle. 

He reminded me of my old pet red eared slider of my youth, except about a hundred times bigger. 

I snapped it’s picture, took a short video, and wished it well. 

A few minutes later he was gone, and I had no idea exactly where he had gone. 

I’m really embracing the wildlife I’m come across so far. 

Notice I didn’t mention the word snake. 😳

No comments:

Post a Comment