Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Vera




Vera is our Aloe Vera plant. She began her life with us as a small succulent that I picked up from Walmart. 

I had owned an Aloe Vera plant before that was a gift from my friend Michele, but unfortunately it did not make it through a freeze when I forgot to bring it in from our apartment porch. 

If you don’t own an Aloe Vera plant you might want to consider purchasing one. They come in handy anytime you burn yourself while cooking. 

Vera held a place of honor on the window seat of my home. She got plenty of diffused sun, and was just perfect for me because she didn’t require to be watered regularly.

When we put our house on the market, and staged the house I took her off her ledge and placed her outside. 

Well apparently Vera didn’t like that because within days she began to show signs of distress. She started to turn a dark green and overall looked pretty pitiful. 

It broke my heart because overtime Vera had grown to be gargantuous. In fact before we named her Vera, we called her the beast. This girl was thriving, and I couldn’t imagine just letting her die. 

Luckily the house sold in just a matter of days, and she found herself back in the house. We placed her on the kitchen island, and remarkably she began to perk up almost over night. 
In a matter of days she was her old self again, and her dark green had returned to the greenish hue of her youth. 

We love Vera, and plan on finding her a place of honor at our new country home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment