Monday, July 5, 2021

Breaking the Chain



At the beginning of the year I set a goal to post on my blog five days a week. 
I can honestly say I did just that until this past week. 

Somehow with everything related to our moves ( yes I did say moves, because there will actually be two) I completely forgot one day, and was too exhausted another day to post. 

I woke up early the morning after I forgot to post (since I can’t seem to sleep past 6:00 am anymore) and wrote two for that day. Sadly they posted with the same date, but technically they counted for two days. 

After a restless night at Brittany’s which I’m not sure I got more than a couple of hours of sleep-who knows why-I stopped beating myself up and later that next night I finally wrote a post that had been on my mind. 

I’m hard on myself, and expect to follow through on the goals I set. In fact I’ve learned that I have a tendency to be an “all or nothing” person. This can be self-sabotaging if you break the chain. 

I’m coming to the conclusion that moving at almost sixty-five isn’t quite so seamless as twenty-five, thirty-five or forty-five. So I’m going to take Chuck’s advice to not be so hard on myself, and keep on keeping on one blog post at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment