Friday, June 2, 2017

Duck!!!!


Duck!!!!

The other evening Cooper and I were out for a walk around the lake when suddenly I saw a low flying duck coming right at me. My first reaction was to do a little duck and cover. 

As the duck continued on his merry way I found myself calling out, "Duck!!!" after the fact. I couldn't help but be a little tickled by my play on words, and then got to thinking about the term "duck", and not the feathered fowl kind. 

I wondered if long ago low flying ducks were a regular occurrence, and in an effort to alert your neighbor people got in the habit of calling out a warning. Of course as the ducks would fly by your natural inclination would be to bend your head down-thus the warning word, "Duck" became synonymous with the action. 

Of course, I could be completely off on this idea, and maybe low flying ducks are actually a rare occurance. Either way it was kind of fun to play with the possibility that it might be the case. 

As you can tell it doesn't take much to amuse me, and I can easily "quack" myself up!





2 comments:

  1. Very cute :-) But what if we took it one step further and thought about the times we 'duck' when we think there is impending risk, but in the end, we are fine. How many times I've 'ducked' out of fear and anxiety, only to realize in the end, there was no reason to 'duck'. :-) AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe over time it has just become a habit. Being aware of it, and realizing you are at a different stage in your life might help being so quick to duck out of what life has to offer.

      Delete