Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Confession


Confession. 

Chuck gifted me with a new Fitbit for Valentine's Day back in February. My old one had bit the dust, and I was really missing keeping track of my activity. This new Fitbit was an upgrade, and even had a real latching clasp.  My confession is that I waited until June to set it up. WHY?????? Because I wasn't exactly sure if
 I would need to set up a new account since it was a different Fitbit, and because I really didn't know how to do that I just allowed the Fitbit to sit on my dresser, be packed and moved, and to sit on my dresser again. 

I allowed almost four months to tick by before I opened up my app, which took a minute to clean up my information, and the plugged the darn thing in to allow it to charge up. I have a sneaking suspicion that when it's done it will sync itself up with the app all by itself. 

This tendency to put off anything that I'm unsure of is not only embarrassing, but maddening to boot. The other sad thing is that I'm fully aware of this shortcoming, but gladly stuck my head in the sand to avoid not having to figure it out. 

I'm sharing it with you today, because as much as I aspire to taking on risk, trying new things, and looking for adventure, something as simple as setting up my Fitbit can send me into a tailspin. I guess the truth is that I find myself falling short on a regular basis. 

I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm not alone in this category, and hopefully the next time it might only take two months to take the plunge! They say confession is good for the soul. I sure hope so. 


As it turned out, it did require a little more action on my part, but nothing beyond my capabilities. I was even able to sync it with my Weight Watcher app to get credit for my walking. Okay now all I have to do is get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment