Thursday, October 1, 2015

Discover with Fresh Eyes


I'm excited to announce that I am taking  part in a writing challenge called 31 Days. Each day in the month of October I will be posting on one topic; 31 Days of Discovery. I have been wanting to participate in this challenge ever since it began several years ago, and now that I have my own blog I can't wait to get started. Each day I'll share with you a new discovery and offer a challenge for you to consider. More than anything I would love to hear from you about your thoughts and would be honored if you would consider sharing this with your friends. Let's get started!

Discover with fresh eyes. I think French novelist Marcel Proust says it best, "The voyage of
discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." I think sometimes it is easy to
get caught up in our daily living and forget to really "see" what is around us. We keep thinking that maybe if we lived somewhere else or took an amazing vacation our life would be so much better. Take some time today to really look at what is around you. Discover something you have passed by
recently. Look at it with fresh eyes and allow it to fill you up.



Day 1 Challenge: Start a Discovery Journal. I like to use old fashioned composition notebooks. I have even used old greeting cards to decorate the front. This journal will be a record of your journey through the 31 Days of Discovery. Each day I will give you a brief assignment in hopes to encourage
your own discovery Find three ordinary things  and jot down what you haven't noticed about them
before.











Day 2: Discover Exploration
Day 3: Discover Wanderlust
Day 4: Discover Your Own Way
Day 5: Discover Stillness
Day 6: Discover Dedication
Day 7: Discover Up Close
Day 8: Discover a Hobby
Day 9: Discover Brain Power
Day 10: Discover Creativity
Day 11: Discover Art
Day 12: Discover Through the Eyes of a Child
Day 13: Discover a Different Point of View
Day 14: Discover Questioning
Day 15: Discover Resourcefulness
Day 16: Discover a Cause
Day 17: Discover Nature
Day 18:Discover Through a Mistake
Day 19: Discover Big Goals
Day 20: Discover a New Way
Day 21: Discover Through Play
Day 22: Discover Real Food
Day 23: Discover the Library
Day 24: Discover Your Past
Day 25: Discover a New Path
Day 26: Discover Knowledge
Day 27: Discover Expression
Day 28: Discover Uncluttering
Day 29: Discover Discomfort
Day 30: Discover Change
Day 31: Discover a Quest

2 comments:

  1. Good way of encouraging oneself to write each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ineke. I'm excited to be participating. Thanks for reading.

      Delete