Sunday, October 25, 2015

Discover a New Path


Discover a new path. Are you bad about always taking the beaten path?  I know I am. However, I like the words of scientist and salsa dancer Erol Ozan, "Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost." I remember when I was in second grade I decided I would try a different way home. I remember the thrill of trying something new. Although my neighborhood was perfectly safe, it seemed a daring thing to do. As children the thrill of discovery comes easy. As we age we seem to follow that same well worn path. Perhaps that is more out of convenience than anything else. Try a new route home today. Pay attention as you drive by as to what new things you can discover. Never allowing yourself to seek out a new way, a different way may prevent you from an amazing new discovery just around the corner.



Challenge: Take that new way home today. Make a mental note of a few new discoveries. Record these in your Discovery Journal. Make a point of trying out one of your new discoveries.




No comments:

Post a Comment