Sunday, October 4, 2015

Discover Your Own Way


Discover your own way. Gretchen Rubin, author of  The Happiness Project says,  "You can choose what you do, but not what you like to do." These words were powerful to me. They helped me discover that the things that I enjoyed doing for fun, might not be the same as someone else, and that was okay. Take the time to think about the types of activities that you enjoy. I found that one of my favorite things to do was taking notes about the things I was reading. At first I didn't really consider this a real activity, it was just something I found myself inclined to do. My discovery was that in my thirst for knowledge, I found it incredibly fun to write it all down. I also realized that few people, other than Gretchen Rubin and myself enjoyed doing so. Rubin also aspires to "Be Gretchen." I have taken these words to heart and have discovered that being true to my own nature brings the most satisfaction to my life. Stop thinking that your different way of doing something is wrong. Embrace your uniqueness.


Challenge: Make a list in your Discovery Journal of the things you do that makes time fly. Reflect on these activities and how you can incorporate them more in your life. Make an action plan and record three steps that will get you started on your path.

2 comments:

  1. I love Gretchen! Do you listen to the podcast she does with her sister? It is based on "Better Than Before". I love to art journal and paint. That makes time fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do listen to her podcast. I have followed her for years and have learned a lot from her insight. I even got to meet her on her last book tour! I've done some art journaling myself. Take care!

    ReplyDelete