Monday, October 19, 2015

Discover Big Goals



Discover big goals. I love this quote by Norman Vincent Peale, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."  Sometimes we sell ourselves short when it comes to goal setting. We never really stretch ourselves. We are guilty of overestimating what can be accomplished in a short period of time, and yet vastly underestimating what can be done in a longer period. This experiment in posting for thirty one days in a row over one topic is a big goal for me. At the end I will have accomplished a task that required accountability and persistence. But, oh how I have enjoyed the challenge. Writing about one topic is different for me as I usually am inspired to write about many things. However, the discipline required has helped me really hone in on one thing. Discover your big goal. Choose something that is not easily attainable, set your focus and go. Give yourself some kind of accountability to help track your progress. I think you will discover the pleasure of doing something well.

Challenge: Write down two possible big goals in your Discovery Journal. Perhaps even use a large font to serve as a visual reminder. Choose one and set your plan in motion. Make sure to be specific and give yourself a deadline. When you have accomplished your goal go back and jot down a few reflections about the experience. Even if you fall short,  journal about that as well. What did you learn?







No comments:

Post a Comment