Sunday, October 18, 2015

Discover Through a Mistake


Discover through a mistake. In his attempts to invent a working lightbulb, Thomas A. Edison stated, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." This attitude allows for attempt and failure, but also allows for perseverance. Trying something new for the first time may not result in perfection. But, it does allow for mistakes, which can catapult growth. I find this to be true in cooking. Each time I make a mistake I learn a better way for the next time. As a college student I delivered flowers part time, and found that whenever I got lost I would often times have a delivery in that now familiar area of town soon after.  Use your mistakes as a time of discovery. What did you learn? What could you do better next time? Don't shy away from making mistakes because their
lessons are invaluable. Remember the words of James Joyce, "Mistakes are the portals of discovery."


Challenge: Use your Discovery Journal to do a mistake review. Choose a mistake and give it a little analysis. What did you learn? Replay, that experience again and decide what you could do differently. The only problem with a mistake is continuing to make it over and over again. Learn from your mistakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment