Saturday, April 18, 2015

Eat That Frog


Eat that frog. Author Brian Tracy teaches this technique as a way of accomplishing unpleasant tasks.  He states that you should tackle your hardest to-do list item very first thing in the morning. I still have a crate full of files that need to be filed from my parent's move. It is one of the last things I need to do, but I find myself procrastinating day after day. I had full intentions of doing this Friday morning. I even reminded myself before I went to bed that I would get up a little earlier to ensure my success. In an effort to bring levity to the task, I even placed a couple of really cute stuffed frogs on the files to inspire me to rise early and get the job done. Did it actually happen? Well, no. But I have passed by the crate a few times and smiled at the cute frogs. Well there is always Monday morning. As Scarlet O'Hara liked to say, "After all, tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment