Monday, April 27, 2015

Curiosity


Curiosity. They say curiosity killed the cat, but I have actually found it to be a very positive experience. I've always been curious. I've always asked questions. In fact, I'm sure I've crossed the line into annoying. I'm never just satisfied to know what, I need to know why. I've asked embarrassing questions resulting in a nice shade of crimson. Fortunately for me, my love of reading has contributed nicely to my thirst for answers. As a young child the encyclopedia Britannica seemed to call my name. I loved doing reports, copying word for word, and illustrating with my less than stellar drawing ability. As an adult the ease of the internet has opened the world through the tap of a screen. Anything and everything you want to know can be learned through Google. Even my choice of profession turned out to fit hand in glove with my inner curiosities. I thrived on the excitement of young learners, books to be read, and new knowledge to impart. I hope never to lose my curious nature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment