Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Neutral


Neutral. I seem to live a lot of my life in neutral. Following the KonMari method of tidying I placed all my shoes on the bed. It was a sea of brown and black with a few splotches of pink coming up for air. According to Kondo I needed to pick up each shoe and ask if it sparked joy?  To be honest the whole lot seemed a little sad. Over the years I have been drawn to the practicality of neutral. You know the safety of always having a shoe that would match no matter what. In my home my walls are white , my couch is brown and my carpet cream. Now for resale purposes that might be okay. But where in the world is the color? Did I really plan on living such a beige life? Now I'm not running to the nearest shoe store to stock up on a new collection of shoes. However, I've pared or should I say "paired" down to about half, and I can guarantee you the next time I'm looking for shoes they are going to be much more exciting. I hope you are not spending your life in "neutral."

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well written and such food for thought. I am going to look up this KONDO method. I also I'm going to think about my own neutral life! A MM

    ReplyDelete