Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Adventure


Adventure. Do you have a sense of adventure? I find myself as an adult reluctant to take on adventure. I seem more content to stay in the comfort of my own home. I wonder why that is? As a child I woke up each morning ready to tackle the next adventure. My mind was quick to embrace imagination and possibilities. I remember mixing spices in a Dixie cup after checking a book out of the library on Chemistry. I hoped to invent the next great thing. One summer I caught and housed toads in an old Lance jar from our neighbor's gas station. My best friend and I created our own Bat Cave in her storage area including high tech devices made from cardboard boxes and knobs. I was quick to take on the task of director  and writer of the neighborhood play, Hansel and Gretel. As I continue on my journey of life I want to be reminded of those younger years when I always seemed to be looking for something new to embrace. I want to keep in mind the words of Helen Keller. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing at all."


No comments:

Post a Comment