Friday, December 1, 2023

Choices

 


“It’s choice-not chance-that determines your destiny.”
Jean Nidetch

I’ve been reading a book by Alexandra Stoddard called You Are Your Choices. I first became acquainted with Stoddard back in the 90s and have read several of her books over the years. I always loved her philosophy of life, and was intrigued by her book about choices. 

I ordered the book through a third party vendor and actually received a signed copy. You can imagine my surprise and delight. Stoddard’s book is a collection of fifty essays about choice. I thought I might write about some of these ideas during the month of December. 

I like the idea of how the choices we make determine who we are. I can’t say that I’m proud of every choice I make, and I have to admit those choices can hinder the quality of my life. I’m hoping to be inspired to be more aware of those choices, and how I determine each one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment