Monday, December 11, 2023

Choices-Day 7



(Photo Credit- Brittany Beahm)


 “The wisest way to live is to choose to enjoy what is actually available to you right now, right here.” Alexandra Stoddard


Stoddard encourages us to not fixate on what we don’t have, but rather to chose to enjoy what we do have. Of course, this does not mean that you never have aspirations for more. It’s just that life is a journey, and not just a destination. 


Enjoy what you have along the way, rather than always longing for something you don’t have. 


She also stresses not to have unrealistic expectations that only end in disappointment. “None of us embraces failure, but we often set ourselves up for disappointment when we ask or expect more than is realistic.”


We can certainly choose to live a good life without demanding perfection. Look at each experience as an opportunity to choose. Stoddard concludes, “We are never in a choiceless moment.”


As I look back over my life I don’t know if my choice to live life in this manner was a conscious choice or not. I do know that losing my mother at a young age influenced me as to the preciousness of life, and not to just assume that there will always be tomorrow. 


I take great pleasure in the simple things of life. It is a wonderful way to live. 


“Take one thing with another, and the world is a pretty good sort of a world, and it is our duty to make the best of it, and be thankful.”  Ben Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment