Thursday, December 28, 2023

Choices- Day 10

 



“When you stay safe and sound at shore, you’ll never set sail and really choose the good life.”  Alexandra Stoddard


This idea has really come to life for me over the last seven years. Chuck and I have moved three times, and sold and moved our belongings from the farm we had in Wolfe City. 


It appears that many people don’t move too far from where they were born. Not to say this is a bad thing, but it is a choice to stay vs venturing out. 


According to Stoddard, “We are an expression of our exposure.” Now this doesn’t mean that you immediately have to move away, although maybe it’s time. Rather start simply by exploring somewhere new close by.


Chuck and I enjoy taking day trips one to two hours away. We like to explore small towns, eat at new restaurants, and enjoy taking in the sights. Each time we return to the known and comfortable I feel a little revived by our simple adventure. 


Look for the opportunities around you to expand your horizons. Recently I came across the saying, “Evolve, don’t revolve.” How many times have I simply repeated the next year?


I hope to reflect more on what it means to evolve in the upcoming year. I want to enlarge not restrict my view of the world, and challenge myself to leave the safety of the harbor. 


Again I need to remind myself that the choices I make or don’t make will determine much of my future. I want to choose wisely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment