Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Choices- Day 9




 “We can’t be expected to find what we love without reaching out for new, exciting experiences.” Alexandra Stoddard 


I always find this time of year an exciting time. The new year opens the door to new opportunities. Especially when we take an active role in pursuing them. 


I’m not always successful in completing all my goals, but even if I accomplish only a fraction of them, that is better than not attempting at all. 


Stoddard reminds us that, “We can expose ourselves to an infinitely vast range of possibilities.” 


Think about the things that excite you. This is what I love and envy about young children. They are naturally excited about life, and their emotions bubble forth with that excitement. 


Stoddard suggests thinking about what we don’t care for as an avenue to discovering what we do love. When I finally admitted that I really didn’t care much about professional football I ended up with more time to spend on a Sunday afternoon doing what I really enjoyed. 


However, attending one of my grandson’s games is a whole different ballgame. One of the things I love most about my life is getting to spend time with my grandsons. 


One way to reconnect with what you love is to remember the things you enjoyed doing as a child. Coloring was always something fun to me, and today I still enjoy doing so. Except, I now use Prismacolor colored pencils,and coloring books with higher quality paper. I enjoy coloring at night while watching, or should I say, listening to tv. 


I like the way Stoddard reminds us that, “There’s no such thing as a person with too many interests.”


Again the choice is up to us. So as you consider the new year, consider Stoddard’s advice: “We become interesting when we’re engaged in things we love.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment