Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Nightingale



This book by Kristin Hannah has become one of my all time favorites.
I LOVED this book!

I’ve never read anything by her before, but I’m looking forward to reading more of her work. Brittany gave me a copy of Firefly Lane  which I intend on reading later in the year. 

This book takes place during WWII in occupied France, and is the story of two very different sisters, and their place in the war. 

Although, complete opposites they both are equally courageous in their own way. I learned so much about the history of France during the war, and the struggles endured by all. 

This book brought a tear to my eye several times, and although it was almost six hundred pages in length it was hard to put down, and easy to read. 

My interest in this war has led me to read a book belonging to my father, Killing Patton, which to be honest I doubt I would ever have picked up. It’s held my interest so far, and I’ll report on it when I finished. 

I highly recommend this wonderful story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment