Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Alchemist




As you may have seen in a prior posting I have taken on a 52 week book challenge this year. I thought I would make a posting about each book I’ve read.

I’m not doing this so much as a book review, but more as a record of what I have read. 

The first book I read was The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. This book was originally published in 1993 when I was in the thick of parenting,however, I do remember somewhere along the line hearing about it. 

I purchased a 25th anniversary edition from my local used bookstore primarily because of how the book felt. 

I am drawn to a beautifully published book, and the small size, and texture of the cover and pages compelled me to purchase a copy of the book. 

It was a lovely story that inspired me to look for my “personal legend” ( what you’ve always wanted to accomplish) in each stage of my life. 

“It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment