Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Why I Love My House- The View





Perhaps the thing that I love the most about my house is the view. 

Chuck and I feel extremely blessed to have come across this particular piece of property. 

As I sit at my kitchen desk and look out the window I see a ridge of hills in the distance. Unlike the metroplex area which is generally pretty flat this area of Texas actually has beautiful rolling hills. 

Our property has a gentle slope, and we chose to build our house at the highest point so we can look down onto our pasture. Our land is a combination of pasture and trees with a small pond on site as well. 

One of my favorite things to see is our son-in-law’s herd of cows grazing peacefully in the pasture. They are fun to watch as they make their way around the property throughout the day. They actually are pretty predictable in their daily routine. 

Another of my favorites happened completely by accident or as I like to think by 
kismet which means fate or fortune. When they were digging the septic system they had to dig up several large rocks which they left in a pile in the yard. 

At first Chuck talked about moving them down to the entrance, but I suggested they stay right where they were. They are another beautiful addition to the view. 

Each evening as I sit on my front porch I thank God for this wonderful place that is not only a beautiful, but close to my daughter, son-in-law, and three precious grandsons. 

That in itself is priceless to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment