Friday, September 24, 2021

De Leon Library

 


Last Friday I stopped by our local library. Although, small in size I enjoyed meeting the librarian, and taking some book recommendations from her.

This past week I read two books. The Walk by Richard Paul Evans is a five book series about a man who has lost everything, and begins a journey across the United States. It is small in volume, and easy to read. 

Today I picked up the other two in the series, and began the second volume, Miles to Go. 
The other book I read was The Tattooist of Auschwitz  by Heather Morris. This book is based on the lives of two Holocaust survivors who were held at Auschwitz during the war. 

It is a good book, but a hard book to read. Not difficult, but the subject matter is disturbing. 
We are told that we must face our history in order not to repeat it. There are many lessons learned in this book, one being that our freedoms can be taken away.

I’m making the commitment to read more, and be on my i pad less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment