Friday, September 3, 2021

The Attack of the Army Worms




Well I’ve spent almost two weeks sharing with you all the things I love about my new home. 

I thought in full transparency it was only right to share with you another side of country life. 

I’ve spent the last week sweeping a battalion of army worms off my porch. Chuck spayed for them this past weekend, but apparently to no avail. 

It seems that they are trying to get out of the sun as well, and have decided my front porch and carport are the place to be. 

We’ve had grasshoppers all summer, but I decided to just co-exist with them as much as possible. I’ve learned that they can eat your screens, but at this point we don’t have screens on the window except for the barn, which sadly has succumbed to these little munchers. 

I also have had to sweep toad turds off the porch, but I’m actually kind of partial to toads since I kept them as pets one summer as a child. However, those turds can be quite big. 

Life’s not perfect at the Rocking H, but it’s pretty darn close!

No comments:

Post a Comment