Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Mathematical



I can tell my five year old grandson has a really good kindergarten teacher. 

She was teaching a lesson about math in the real world, and was telling her students about how their parents used math every day. 

My grandson responded that his parents did not.

Now knowing what interests my grandson she pointed out that surely his Dad used math to count the hay bales he baled during hay season. (I’m sure my grandson had told her all about it!)

He matter of factly informed her that no he didn’t need to count them because they had a monitor for that!

Now technically he’s correct, and it’s answers like that that always kept me laughing when I taught kindergarten. 

Now how do I know he’s got such a great teacher? One she is connecting what she is teaching to the lives of her students, and two she knows her students well enough already to help connect their individual circumstances to learning. 

This warms my former Kindergarten teacher’s heart!❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment