Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Beginnings


A New Beginning

Not only is today the beginning of a new year, it’s also the beginning of a new decade. What is it about new beginnings that stir the soul?

As I reflect back on the last decade, I must say it was one of my best. I’ve been retired for ten years, my daughter graduated from college, began her working career, got married, bought her first and second home, and best of all made me a grandparent to two amazing boys. 

Chuck and I moved a total of three times. We sold our home in Frisco, lived in an apartment for a year, bought a home in Euless, sold our farm in east Texas, and purchased our retirement homestead in De Leon. Woo! That was a whole lot of moving and work, but I’ve loved every minute of it. 

We’ve settled into life in the Midcities, and we couldn’t be happier. Chuck’s commute has been more than cut in half, we are closer to Brittany, Will and the boys, and I’ve become involved in several activities which has allowed me to meet and make new friends. 

As I anticipate the future, I look forward to Chuck and I building a new home, moving out to the Rocking H, getting some chickens, and planting a garden. It’s exciting to think about another new adventure, and I look forward to new places, new people, and learning new things. 

I also love the thought of being closer to my daughter’s family, and getting to be more a part of their life. Now I know that my plans, and God’s plans may not be 100% in sync, but that’s okay. I’ve learned over the years to trust his direction, and know no matter what, I have an opportunity each day to be blessed, and to bless others. 

I’m wishing you a wonderful 2020, and look forward to another decade of Grace Found Daily. 

“Every moment is a fresh beginning.”
T.S. Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment