Friday, January 31, 2020

Five Years Ago




Five Years Ago

I find it fitting to take a moment to recognize the anniversary of my first blog post on January 31, 2015. In fact, today’s posting is my 1,188th. 

Today is a first. The first posting on my blog. Covey says, "To start with the end in mind." I can't say exactly where that might be. But I do know that I needed to just start. So today is that first small step in a new beginning.

As I reflect on the last five years I can honestly say that I still am not completely sure about the endgame here ,if there is one. What I do remember, though, was the fear I felt when I first pressed that publish button. 

In fact, I only shared it with a few friends fearful that it might not be received well. Over the last five years I’ve felt that same fear occasionally when I’ve shared something particularly vulnerable. 

However, more times than not I’ve enjoyed writing, and sharing with you, my readers, my thoughts and life. Sometimes I wonder if there is a bigger purpose to this blog, and sometimes I wonder if it is time to quit?

The first four years I challenged myself to write five times a week. Some days I found myself overwhelmed with ideas, and would write several posts in a day. Sometimes I struggled to come up with even one idea, and found myself typing late into the night to meet my goal. 

At first it was easier because I had so many thoughts that needed to be explored, but as the years went by I seemed to need to sort them out less and less. Last year I decided to cut down to posting three times a week, and even then I struggled some to meet that number. 

I’ve been guilty before of all or nothing thinking, and I don’t want to give up my blog completely if I have something to say. Yet, I don’t want to be hard on myself for not writing. 

This sixth year you may not find as regular of a posting schedule, however, I still do want to keep Grace Found Daily alive. 

I’ve learned a lot through writing it, and more than anything I have looked forward to your insight and wisdom. 

Thanks for reading along, 

No comments:

Post a Comment