Friday, January 17, 2020

Air Fryer


Air Fryer

As promised I’m writing a short review about my air fryer. I was hesitant at first to add another appliance to my collection, as I have more than a few already. 

Over the years I’ve collected a bread maker, a really cool Cuisinart ice cream maker, a crock pot, an Instant Pot, a Kitchen Aid mixer, a rice cooker, a hot air popcorn popper, one large food processor, and one small one, a waffle maker, an electric skillet, a juicer,  a basic blender, a Ninja blender, an egg cooker, toaster oven, and a coffee maker. Wooh, I’m exhausted!

Now you can imagine how thrilled I was to finally get a walk-in pantry to have a home for all of these contraptions. Now to be honest, I do use quite a few of the on a regular basis since I really do enjoy cooking. 

As I checked out the pantry I knew I had a home for one more appliance with just a little rearranging, and after researching the many different foods that could be cooked in the air fryer I went ahead and asked for one for Christmas. 

So far, I’ve been quite pleased. The other night I fixed seasoned homemade French fries, which Chuck went on and on about. I’ve been oven frying fries for years, but these were much crispier than what I’d pulled out of the oven before. Next time, I’m just going to salt and pepper them, though, rather than season them. 

Yesterday I fixed crispy seasoned chick peas. I rinsed and dried chick peas out of a can, spritzed them with olive oil, and added salt, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder, and put them in the air fryer. They were crispy, but could have used just a little more seasoning. I’ve even seen recipes for a sweeter version, and may give that a try. 

Overall, the process was pretty simple, but it did require shaking the basket midway through cooking. I’m looking forward to trying out some other recipes I’ve pinned on Pinterest, including dehydrating fruit. 

What about you? 
Did anyone else get an air fryer for Christmas this

No comments:

Post a Comment