Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Eggcellent





Eggcellent  


Continuing along a theme today I’m posting about another food related Christmas present. 

As you may have remembered Chuck and I have gone on and on about baked “hard boiled” eggs. Chuck swears they are much better tasting then the traditional boiling method. 
At our house the process to bake the eggs took close to an hour. 

It took a full fifteen minutes to preheat the oven, since I have the slowest heating oven known to mankind. Add to this almost thirty minutes of baking time, and then fifteen minutes in an ice bath, and however easily they peeled or not, it took quite a bit of time out of our Sunday night. 

This Christmas I came across a door buster at Belk’s on Black Friday that has changed our life. It’s an electric egg maker that uses steam to cook the egg. The whole process from start to finish takes about thirty minutes, and no oven to heat. 

You basically pour the amount of water needed for the type of egg you want on the heating plate, pierce the egg with the included tool, place the eggs on a tray, put on the lid, and press the button. About ten minutes later you are alerted by the most soothing sound alarm I have ever heard. 

Just like before plunge your eggs in an ice bath for about fifteen minutes, and peel away. So easy, and you’ll have eggs available for the week for breakfast or even egg salad for lunch. 

This handy little appliance takes up very little room, and works like a charm. My next posting is going to be about my air fryer which I also received for Christmas this year. I’m going to be making French fries, but I’ve got plans to make some roasted chick peas, and “fried” mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment