Monday, January 28, 2019

Living by Default


Living by default. 

John C. Maxwell reminds us, “I used to think life was lived by default, not by design.”

When you become aware of this you can no longer plead ignorance to the life you may be living, especially if it is one you never intended to live. 

It is easier to live by default. 

I remember a conversation I once had with a woman I had met at the library. She told me that she had lived in the area for nine years. Then as if hearing herself for the first time she lamented the fact that she had never planned to stay there so long. 

Although individual days and weeks can sometimes take forever, years have a way of creeping up on us. Before you know it nine years have passed by, and you are still living the same life you were nine years before. 

Don’t fall into the trap of the default life. Don’t wait until a better time to begin the life you’ve always wanted. Start designing it today. 








No comments:

Post a Comment