Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happiness Project

Happiness Project.


Today is the first day of 2019, and although I find it hard to believe that another year has passed by so quickly, I am excited to embrace this new year, and all the possibilities that it will bring. 

I just finished my 2018 End of the Year Review, and although not perfect it proved to be a successful year. What I like best about this review is that it gives you an opportunity to look over the past year in the categories of Faith, Family, Fitness, Finance and Fun. From there it allows you to set new goals for the coming year. 

What I want to do next is write these goals out separately, and keep them where they can be viewed daily. As much as I thought I was an Upholder when it came to Gretchen Rubin's Four Tendencies, I've come to the conclusion that I'm really more an Obliger with Upholder tendencies. Basically, what this means is I need outward accountability to keep me on track. This is why WW has been the only way that I have been able to lose, and maintain my weight. Left to my own devices I'm not very successful. 

One new goal for 2019 is that I'm going to be participating in Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project Experience course. This is not to say that I am an unhappy person by any means, but she has designed the course to keep you on track monthly especially when all those New Year Resolutions begin to fade. I'm excited to get started this week. 

My plan is to post M-W-F on my blog, and to begin a new writing project. I am very much a beginner when it comes to this, but I am ready to learn, and embrace the challenge. I'll keep you posted as to how the Happiness Project Experience is coming along, and look forward to seeing Gretchen Rubin again when she visits the North Richland Hills Library this April to discuss her new book, Outer Order, Inner Calm

I'm including the link to her Happiness Project Experience course if you are interested. 

Happy New Year, and looking forward to a wonderful 2019!





No comments:

Post a Comment