Wednesday, January 16, 2019

It’s Monday


It’s Monday. 

The other morning just before Chuck left for work he asked what my plans were for the day. I replied, “It’s Monday. I’m going grocery shopping.”

Later that morning as I was walking at the gym, I was listening to an interview with Elle Luna, author of The Crossroads of Should and Must. She talked about a point in her life when she had quit her job, and had nothing but time on her hands. As a retiree I could relate. 

But what she said next stopped me in my figurative tracks . She asked if what she was doing with her time was how she really wanted to be spending her time? I couldn’t help but think about my answer that morning to Chuck’s question.

It’s not that grocery shopping isn’t important, because of course you have to eat, but if shopping at Walmart was the highlight of my day then something must be seriously wrong. 

When given the gift of time it can’t be something that is taken for granted. Assuming that tomorrow or the next day is a given, allows you to let days, weeks, months or even years go by without doing the things that you dreamed you would, but never got around to. 

So as I considered my day, I put grocery shopping back into perspective, and along with the obligations of the day I vowed to make Monday more than just grocery day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment