Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thimbles

I collect thimbles. I have been collecting them for around thirty years now. I actually had a few before I made a conscious effort to start collecting them. Each place I visit I try to find a thimble or two to bring home as a souvenir.  The really nice things about thimbles are that they are small, affordable, come in a variety of designs, are easily displayed in a small area, and they bring back memories of places I have been. My family all know that we have to check for a thimble before we leave the gift shop. It really has been a fun hobby and I keep them all in an old printer's tray turned on its end. It is hanging on the wall at the top of the stairs, and every time I pass by it I am reminded of the many places I have visited over the years. I have found in life that often times it is the small things that bring you the most joy.






No comments:

Post a Comment