Monday, February 23, 2015

Outer Order


"Outer order contributes to inner calm," is one of  Gretchen Rubin's Secrets of Adulthood. Gretchen is the author of The Happiness Project and a blogger I have followed for many years. I have found these words to ring true often in my lifetime. When I begin to feel frazzled and overwhelmed, it is usually true that the physical environment around me is starting to pile up as well. Taking the time to make my bed, go through the junk mail, or even just pick up the many toys Cooper, my poodle, has strewn around the house starts to put me back in a calmer state. I've been really busy these last few weeks and found myself quite overwhelmed. Needless to say, things were becoming more and more cluttered around here. Thank goodness for a snow day that allowed me to start straightening up. Little by little as everything was put back in place I found a sense of inner calm. I know that everyone is different in how they handle the pressures of life, but you may want to consider this as a way to bring calm back into your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment