Monday, November 26, 2018

Chipped Plate


Chipped plate. 

We purchased a new set of plates this weekend to replace the old set. We had used them for almost nine years, and they were starting to show their age. Each time I tried to microwave anything in the chipped ones I was taking my life into my own hands. 

I remember purchasing them at Dillard's at their New Years' Sale. Brittany had just graduated from college , and was working there as an assistant manager. She had alerted me to the sale, and I got a great deal. 

A day or two later she was fixing herself lunch when she chipped one of my brand new plates. She felt bad, of course, but just like spilled milk what could we do about it after the fact? The plate pretty much sat at the bottom of the stack all these years, until being replaced by a new set. 

Yesterday Chuck and I tried out our new dishes for the first time. When it came time to rinse them off I went to stack my plate under Chuck's bowl. Wouldn't you know it somehow the plate hit the bowl resulting in a chip. 

I felt pretty bad because after all they were brand new. Now I know exactly how Brittany must have felt all those years ago. I guess the lesson learned is to be extra careful next time I'm rinsing them off. But what are the chances?




No comments:

Post a Comment