Friday, May 5, 2023

The Early Bird



Phrasemix defines “The early bird catches the worm,” as “You should wake up and start work early if you want to succeed.”

This morning I woke up early and headed off to a church rummage sale. I knew if I didn’t get there early I’d be taking the chance on not having much to choose from. As I unlocked the gate I thought about what adage I would write about today, and knew “the early bird catching the worm” would be perfect. 

I was one of the first customer’s in the parking lot and by the time I left the lot was packed. As I made my way around the tables in the gym I heard another woman commenting about, “The early bird gets the worm.”

I was validated in my choice of today’s adage and in the decision to do a series on these well-known sayings. In her choice of words we all knew exactly what she was talking about. 

It had nothing to do with actual birds or worms, but rather the idea that those who make the effort to rise early and seize the day will in the long run probably be successful.

Once again the idea of discipline comes into play. What could you accomplish if you got there a little bit earlier?

(By the way I found several treasures on my hunt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment