Friday, May 12, 2023

Every Cloud

 


Today’s old adage was inspired by last evening. As I stepped outside while my husband was mowing the yard, I looked up into the sky and saw a beautiful silver lining surrounding a dark cloud. 

I knew immediately that today “Every cloud has a silver lining,” would be the next adage in the series. 

According to Wordnik this adage means that “In every bad situation there is an element of good.”

Now sometimes you have to look for it, and you definitely have to be open to it to find the good. 

I saw this time and time again during one of the most stressful times of my life. As I maneuvered the circumstances of my father and step-mother’s placement into memory care and assisted living respectively, I was met by the kindness of family, friends and strangers at every turn. 

The silver lining of a challenging situation is what helped me to make it through to the other side. 

Sometimes we need to look back on a situation using hindsight to identify those silver linings, but in teaching our children this we can help them to look for the good in the bad. 

Learning resiliency during adversity is an important life skill, as disappointment in life is a given. 

I must admit I did get a kick out of viewing the beautiful sky last evening which completely took me by surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment