Monday, August 3, 2020

Omlettes


Omelettes

At our house Chuck is the omelette king. He’s been making omelets for us for  thirty-five  years, and they always are delicious. 

Up until now we’ve kept our omelettes pretty simple. Basically egg, a splash of Half and Half, and a slice of American cheese. We top that with a little salt and pepper, and some salsa. 

Since I'm on Weight Watchers I’m always looking for ways to stretch my daily points without feeling too deprived. A few months back I had some veggies in my crisper that needed to be used. I diced mushrooms, red onion, red bell pepper, and some zucchini, and rather than use points on the  cheese slice we just added the veggies to the omelette. 



Instead of salsa we topped it with the zucchini relish I posted about the other day. 

I must say that the veggies without the gooey cheese really elevated this omlette to a whole new level. Am I surprised? Of course not. Once again the mighty vegetable has proven to be the flavor king. 




We served our omelettes with some toasted Ezekiel bread topped with Apricot Simply Fruit and some sliced cantaloupe.



The meal was delicious and came in at around 3 points. Wow!  We had an entire meal for the price of a slice of cheese. Now full disclosure here I did include 2 Tablespoons of almond creamer for another 2 points. I usually only have coffee on the weekend so it really has become a treat. 5 points for breakfast works for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment