Monday, August 24, 2020

Orzo Salad





Orzo Salad

Whenever I’m trying something new for dinner, and it turns out well I’ll probably share it with you. 

This salad did not disappoint. The flavors are Mediterranean and include chickpeas, cucumber, tomato, yellow bell pepper, red onion, kalamata olives, and feta cheese. 

The other main ingredient is orzo. Now although orzo looks a lot like rice, it is actually a pasta, and it was delicious in this salad. I boiled the orzo, and rinsed it under cool water before combining the other ingredients. 




The dressing is a combination of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, oregano and S&P.  You add the dressing to the salad mixture, and then let it all cool for at least thirty minutes in the refrigerator.

I actually halfed this recipe except for the chickpeas ( I used a whole can) and it was more than enough for Chuck and I with plenty left over for lunch the next day. 

I served pita chips along with this meal, and got this brand from Aldi, although I’ve used Stacy’s before, and both are good. 




I’m including the recipe below:







By the way I wish I had taken a picture of the diced veggies. Chuck made a comment about how beautiful they were. Just imagine the color palette of red tomatoes, yellow bell peppers, green English cucumbers, red onion, and kalamata olives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment