Monday, August 10, 2020

White Broccoli





White Broccoli

About a week ago I was visiting my daughter's and eating lunch.  Now generally when I come to visit I bring my own lunch to help me stay on track with my WW maintenance.  Most of the time I bring an Amy's burrito, and some raw veggies and hummus.

My youngest grandson, at two and a half, has grown quite fond of sharing my carrots and broccoli, all the while dipping them into hummus. In fact, he's the one who coined the term "hummy" for both sweet and savory hummus.

Now last week I had added cauliflower to the vegetable mix, and after crawling up into my lap to share my lunch I noticed him staring at my ziplock bag of veggies.

He didn't miss a beat, though, and I heard him say, "Hmmm white broccoli!"

I cracked up at the sheer genius of his observation. This boy knows his broccoli and knows his colors too.

Why wouldn't this strange new veggie be white broccoli?

Now I wish I could say he enjoyed his white broccoli as much as the green stuff, but after chewing it up, it found its way back into my hand as he slowly spit it out.

Later I asked his older brother if he knew what this strange looking vegetable was, and he replied, "Nope."

I've got to give the youngest kudos for the most creative answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment